2012 Geoff Merrill Bush Vine SGM, McLaren Vale
Dark red with good depth. The aroma is a wonderfully expressive blend of fruits and the beginnings of maturation complexity. Dark cherry, blackberry and earthy notes come forward initially, with chocolate, coffee and oak wood following, hinting at the depth of this wine. The palate is almost unexpectedly smooth and gentle, carefully offering ripe red fruits, chocolate and complexity beyond its time. The tannins are ‘seen but not heard’ and sit perfectly in tune with the acidity to provide excellent structure and a long dark chocolate finish.
- 2016 Huia Sparkling Rose, MarlboroughA$50.00 in any six
- 2019 Faiveley Bourgogne Rouge, BurgundyA$42.00 in any six
- 2018 Montalto Single Vineyard The Eleven Chardonnay, Mornington PeninsulaA$56.57 in any six
- 2018 Best's LSV Shiraz Viognier, Great WesternA$34.00 in any six
- 2020 Larry Cherubino Riesling, Great SouthernA$27.91 in any six
- 2018 Henschke Tappa Pass Shiraz, Barossa Valley Eden ValleyA$95.00 in any six