2012 Geoff Merrill Bush Vine SGM, McLaren Vale
Dark red with good depth. The aroma is a wonderfully expressive blend of fruits and the beginnings of maturation complexity. Dark cherry, blackberry and earthy notes come forward initially, with chocolate, coffee and oak wood following, hinting at the depth of this wine. The palate is almost unexpectedly smooth and gentle, carefully offering ripe red fruits, chocolate and complexity beyond its time. The tannins are ‘seen but not heard’ and sit perfectly in tune with the acidity to provide excellent structure and a long dark chocolate finish.
- 2017 Renato Ratti Barolo Marcenasco DOCG, La Morra PiedmontA$125.46 in any six
- 2020 Kumeu River Maté’s Chardonnay, Kumeu AucklandA$88.36 in any sixOut of stock
- 2019 Caves d'Esclans Whispering Angel, Côtes de Provence RoséA$40.00 in any six
- 2019 Produttori del Barbaresco Langhe Nebbiolo, PiedmontA$65.93 in any six
- 2020 Domaine les Fouques Cotes de Provence Cuvee Tradition Rose, ProvenceA$27.00 in any six
- 2019 Bannockburn Serre Pinot Noir, GeelongA$95.00 in any six