2012 The Islander Estate The Majestic Plough Malbec, Kangaroo Island
Dense, deep crimson-purple; this is copybook malbec, medium to full-bodied, but not extractive or tannic; I really like Jacques Lurton's description of malbec as 'plums, edging to prunes', and shall use it in the future instead of plum or blackberry jam - for malbec has some noble elements done rough justice by the jammy epithet. This is a classy wine in every way.
- 2016 San Marzano Anniversario 62 Primitivo Riserva, PugliaA$58.00 in any six
- 2019 Harewood Estate Porongurup Riesling, Great SouthernA$25.00 in any six
- 2018 Domaine Courbis Saint Joseph Les Royes, Northern RhoneA$98.16 in any six
- 2016 Argiano Brunello di Montalcino Magnum 1.5L, TuscanyA$215.00 in any six
- 2017 Moorooduc Estate Pinot Noir, Mornington PeninsulaA$35.00 in any six
- 2018 Oakridge Vineyard Series Willowlake Pinot Noir, Yarra ValleyA$32.00 in any six