2012 The Islander Estate The Majestic Plough Malbec, Kangaroo Island
Dense, deep crimson-purple; this is copybook malbec, medium to full-bodied, but not extractive or tannic; I really like Jacques Lurton's description of malbec as 'plums, edging to prunes', and shall use it in the future instead of plum or blackberry jam - for malbec has some noble elements done rough justice by the jammy epithet. This is a classy wine in every way.
- 2020 Astrolabe Kekerengu Sauvignon Blanc, MarlboroughA$31.82 in any six
- 2016 Royal Tokaji Nyulászó 1st Growth 6 Puttonyos Aszú 500ml, HungaryA$169.10 in any six
- 2020 Laissez Faire by Cherubino Riesling, PorongurupA$26.32 in any six
- 2017 Cantina del Pino Barbaresco Ovello, PiedmontA$114.39 in any six
- 2020 Caves d'Esclans Whispering Angel Rosé, Côtes de ProvenceA$40.00 in any six
- 2020 Stumpy Gully Pinot Noir, Mornington PeninsulaA$27.99 in any six