2015 Rabbit Ranch Pinot Noir, Central Otago
The Central Otago High Country of New Zealand is over-run with rabbits. Sheep and rabbits coexisted on the land for some time but the sheep couldn't keep up with the nocturnal activity of the rabbits. In the end they were hopelessly outnumbered and driven off the land- they were last seen heading north. The owner of the Rabbit Ranch - Mr. MacGregor, tried unsuccessfully to reduce the rabbit population by selling rabbit pies. Eventually he decided to plant some vines and make a decent Pinot Noir to go with all the rabbit pie he was eating. Rabbit Ranch Pinot Noir 2015 Mr. MacGregor's Notes: "A bright-eyed red with hints of briar patch with a whiff of gun smoke" This 2015 Rabbit Ranch is a classic Central Otago Pinot Noir, vibrant and fruity with a soft tail.
- 2018 Domaine Courbis Saint Joseph Les Royes, Northern RhoneA$98.16 in any six
- 2016 San Marzano Anniversario 62 Primitivo Riserva, PugliaA$58.00 in any six
- 2017 Gaja Costa Russi Barbaresco DOP, PiedmontA$946.00 in any six
- 2015 Hans Herzog Spirit of Marlborough Merlot Cabernet, MarlboroughA$85.00 in any six
- 2018 Oakridge Vineyard Series Willowlake Pinot Noir, Yarra ValleyA$32.00 in any six
- 2019 Flametree Chardonnay, Margaret RiverA$24.00 in any six