2009 Guigal Chateauneuf du Pape, Rhone
The 2009 Chateauneuf du Pape is elegant, deep red. Potent cherry, redcurrant and floral scents are given a musky, earthy touch by a hint of rhubarb. Sappy, sweet and broad on entry, then tighter in the mid-palate, offering bitter cherry and raspberry preserve flavours and a touch of licorice. The clinging finish is shaped by silky, even tannins and given bite by a hint of cracked pepper. Drink now-2022.
- 2018 Varney Wines GSM, McLaren ValeA$31.65 in any six
- 2020 Pewsey Vale Prima Off-Dry Riesling, Eden ValleyA$25.81 in any six
- 2020 Domaine les Fouques Cotes de Provence Cuvee Tradition Rose, ProvenceA$27.00 in any six
- 2019 Teusner Bilmore Shiraz, Barossa ValleyA$25.00 in any six
- 2018 Dog Point Pinot Noir Organic, MarlboroughA$41.02 in any six
- 2017 Stonestreet Upper Barn Chardonnay, Sonoma CountryA$256.00 in any six