2009 Guigal Chateauneuf du Pape, Rhone
The 2009 Chateauneuf du Pape is elegant, deep red. Potent cherry, redcurrant and floral scents are given a musky, earthy touch by a hint of rhubarb. Sappy, sweet and broad on entry, then tighter in the mid-palate, offering bitter cherry and raspberry preserve flavours and a touch of licorice. The clinging finish is shaped by silky, even tannins and given bite by a hint of cracked pepper. Drink now-2022.
- 2015 Hans Herzog Spirit of Marlborough Merlot Cabernet, MarlboroughA$85.00 in any six
- 2018 Piccini Mario Primo Chianti DOCG, TuscanyA$19.43 in any six
- 2017 Grasshopper Rock Pinot Noir, Central OtagoA$40.00 in any six
- 2018 Schild Estate Moorooroo Shiraz, Barossa ValleyA$190.00 in any six
- 2020 Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc, MarlboroughA$34.33 in any six
- 2019 Clonakilla O'Riada Shiraz, Canberra DistrictA$36.00 in any six