Organic, Biodynamic Wines
ORGANIC wine is made from grapes that exclude the use of synthetic chemicals, e.g. fertilizers, herbicides, fungicides and pesticides.
BIODYNAMICS is a homeopathic medicine for agriculture, using natural means to obtain a better, more sustainable and healthier end product.
NATURAL WINEMAKING is very much a ‘movement’ and a nose-to-tail approach to producing wine, extending from vineyard to bottling. In general, organic and biodynamic philosophies concentrate on the vineyard (and similar standards of care should pass into the winery), but with natural winemaking, stricter, self-imposed standards exist.
VEGAN wine is not necessarily one of the above; it is made without the use of animal products at the fining stage-no egg whites or fish-derived gelatins are used.
- 2014 Paxton Quandong Farm Shiraz, McLaren ValeA$30.00 in any six
- Agrapart & Fils Terroirs Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru NV Extra Brut, ChampagneA$131.00 in any six
- 2016 Fromm La Strada Rosé Organic, MarlboroughA$27.00 in any six
- Quartz Reef Methode Traditionnelle Brut NV Biodynamic, Central OtagoA$32.00 in any six
- 2014 Mount Horrocks Shiraz, Clare ValleyA$45.00 in any six
- 2011 Wirra Wirra The Angelus Cabernet Sauvignon, McLaren ValeA$65.00 in any six
- 2015 Gemtree Phantom Biodynamic Red Blend, McLaren ValeA$57.00 in any six
- 2014 Lethbridge Nebbiolo Biodynamic, GeelongA$42.00 in any six
- 2013 Lethbridge Shiraz Biodynamic, GeelongA$40.00 in any six
- 2011 Seresin Memento Riesling Organic, MarlboroughA$32.00 in any six
- 2014 Seresin Leah Pinot Noir, MarlboroughA$40.00 in any six
- 2011 Fromm La Strada Pinot Noir Organic, MarlboroughA$35.00 in any six