2012 Flametree Shiraz, Frankland River
James Halliday - Published on 25 Jul 2014 Bright colour; matured in French oak, this has that distinctive Frankland River stamp of savoury, sombre, graphite-like characters threaded through the blackberry and plum fruit; the tannins are precisely calibrated.
The palate has plenty of dark fruits, beef stock, vegemite notes and spicy oak flavours. Aged in tight grained French oak barrels for twelve months, this wine will benefit from cellaring. This is our little northern Rhone look alike.
- 2019 Perrot-Minot Mazoyeres-Chambertin Grand Cru VV, Cote de NuitsA$1,040.00 in any six
- 2020 West Cape Howe Riesling, Mount BarkerA$18.00 in any six
- 2018 Clarence House Reserve Chardonnay, CambridgeA$33.00 in any six
- 2020 Sidewood Sauvignon Blanc, Adelaide HillsA$21.56 in any six
- 2020 Astrolabe Kekerengu Sauvignon Blanc, MarlboroughA$31.82 in any six
- 2019 Isole e Olena Chardonnay Collezione Privata IGT, TuscanyA$93.00 in any six