2012 Flametree Shiraz, Frankland River
James Halliday - Published on 25 Jul 2014 Bright colour; matured in French oak, this has that distinctive Frankland River stamp of savoury, sombre, graphite-like characters threaded through the blackberry and plum fruit; the tannins are precisely calibrated.
The palate has plenty of dark fruits, beef stock, vegemite notes and spicy oak flavours. Aged in tight grained French oak barrels for twelve months, this wine will benefit from cellaring. This is our little northern Rhone look alike.
- 2019 Caves d'Esclans Whispering Angel, Côtes de Provence RoséA$40.00 in any six
- 2017 Gaja Costa Russi Barbaresco DOP, PiedmontA$946.00 in any six
- 2018 Laughing Jack Moppa Hill Block 6 Shiraz, Barossa ValleyA$36.89 in any six
- 2019 Chateau de Pibarnon Bandol Rose Organic, ProvenceA$72.14 in any six
- 2017 Pegasus Bay Sauvignon Semillon, Waipara North CanterburyA$37.00 in any six
- 2018 Mitolo Savitar Shiraz, McLaren ValeA$74.00 in any six