MV Devaux Cuvée D, Bar-sur-Seine, Cote des Bar, Reims
(60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay; 8 g/l dosage): Bright yellow-gold. Ripe orange, poached pear and vanilla on the deeply perfumed nose. Fleshy and open-knit, offering pliant orchard and pit fruit flavors braced and lifted by juicy acidity. At once rich and lively, with the vanilla note repeating on the smooth, toasty finish. Just over one-third of this blend is barrel-fermented reserve wine.
- 2020 Pewsey Vale Prima Off-Dry Riesling, Eden ValleyA$25.81 in any six
- 2020 Welkin by Aphelion Project 5255 Malbec, McLaren ValeA$25.67 in any six
- 2017 Renato Ratti Barolo Marcenasco DOCG, La Morra PiedmontA$125.46 in any six
- 2020 Stargazer Single Vineyard Riesling, Coal River ValleyA$32.29 in any six
- 2020 Astrolabe Kekerengu Sauvignon Blanc, MarlboroughA$31.82 in any six
- 2018 Man O' War Ironclad Bordeaux Blend, Waiheke IslandA$44.18 in any six