2013 Ocean Eight Pinot Noir, Mornington Peninsula
What started as a part time job to earn a few dollars during his university days turned into a committed obsession. Michael worked in the family owned winery, Kooyong, spending time out in the vineyard, in the winery and on the road and the net result was a desire to make this his career.Following the sale of Kooyong Michael went into business with his parents to form Ocean Eight taking on the role of Winemaker and General Manager.To complete his education Michael undertook several study tours of France, concentrating on the hallowed vineyards and cellars of Burgundy.
Whilst he makes Mornington Peninsula wines he has applied the most salient Burgundian techniques to take the wines to another level. In 2011 Michael won the highly coveted “Young Gun Of Wine” award. Leading wine writers Max Allen, Philip Rich and Nick Stock judged this competition.
- 2013 Kooyong Haven Pinot Noir, Mornington PeninsulaA$70.00 in any six
- 2013 Robert Oatley Finisterre Pinot Noir, Mornington PeninsulaA$32.00 in any six
- 2013 Jones Road Junior Pinot Noir, MorningtonA$25.00 in any six
- 2013 Moorooduc Robinson Pinot Noir, MorningtonA$65.00 in any six
- 2013 Paringa Estate Pinot Noir Magnum 1.5l, Mornington PeninsulaA$150.77 in any six
- 2019 S.C. Pannell Aglianico, Olivers Road McLaren ValeA$35.36 in any six
- 2020 Larry Cherubino Riesling, Great SouthernA$27.91 in any six
- 2013 Teusner MC Sparkling Shiraz, Barossa ValleyA$48.00 in any six
- 2019 Caves d'Esclans Whispering Angel, Côtes de Provence RoséA$40.00 in any six
- 2019 Varney Entrada Grenache Mourvèdre Touriga, McLaren ValeA$23.63 in any six
- 2019 Isole e Olena Chardonnay Collezione Privata IGT, TuscanyA$93.00 in any six